Sunday, August 3, 2008

That's How We Roll

It's currently Mike's favorite expression - has been for a few months now. Not sure who started it or where (probably some guys weekend).

Let's roll; rollin'; that's how I roll; that's how (blank) rolls; Lauren, Conor or myself rolls (this way, insert).

Whatever - somethin' is rollin' in this family at all times. It's absolutely so present, that I may have to change the title of this blog to Rollin' with the Strizich's.

Roll. R O L L... It wasn't until I got down a bit in the Websters till I found what, I think, Mike is using it for:

9 a: to get under way : begin to move or operate 9 b: to move forward : develop and maintain impetus ; especially : to proceed or progress with notable ease or success <the team was rolling>

Roll, rollin', rolling.... it's what we do.

3 comments:

admin1 said...

To see my guess click here

Kristi said...

You're probably right regarding the orgin of the usage and we did purchase Lisa Beamer's book years ago. It's just that recently, the man uses the word in some kind of expression at least 20+ times a day. He's also making up new ways to use it. It's becoming it's own entity (-:

Kristi said...

I should also note, I don't mind this, I think it's rather cute actually. But over the weekend, he used it ALOT (more than the 20+ times). So I had to write about it.