Conor and Jack's party was Sunday night at a place called Pizza Time. First time we've been to this little hot spot that seems to be the "place to be" for handing out the 'ole trophies to the kids at the end of the season (for those of you that live in the Springs - yummy, yummy pizza!).
Tonight was Lauren's party at the same Pizza joint. However, it was deja vu as Conor's soccer coach was there for his youngest son's soccer celebration. Hmm, imagine that...
I forgot my camera for both events, but picture this: a gazillion kids (in a pretty small area), hollering and shouting, and doing the usual begging-for-video-game-money dance for an hour and a half.
I kid you not, tonight, a table of girls from a different team shouted "speech, speech, speech" the entire 5 minutes our coach delivered his nice speech on how he enjoyed watching our girls improve over the season, etc. This mere 5 minutes seemed like an eternity! OK, maybe it was really 1 minute that seemed like 5 minutes. Either way, thanks girls from that other table!
But for both parties, I have to admit, it was totally worth it to see the kid's faces light up when their names were called and their excitement exposed as the coach recognized them for their efforts!
Fun times and yes, I really will miss this (one of these days).
Until next season.....
(Hopefully, I'll bring my camera so you'll get the full visual.)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
End of Year Soccer Parties!
Posted by Kristi at 9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment