Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sightings.....

I've had a few sightings over the past couple months. Nothing earth shattering, but they seem to be happening a bit more these days. The latest have revolved around Gracie B.


Two weeks ago, we started puppy training class (located a fair distance from our neighborhood). The first class was hilarious. Gracie is the biggest, furriest, friendliest puppy there. There's about 8 puppies and us proud parents sat in a circle, listening to the trainer give tips I've already read in my puppy books while the puppies 'played' (malled each other is a better description).

Next to me sat a girl with a miniature dachshund named Oliver. Super cute and super tiny. We compared puppy notes and said our goodbyes at the end.

The very next day, I subbed for Susan's first grade class (it's a different school than where my kids go). Great class Sue has and she's got it so organized (seriously Susan, you're an awesome teacher!). It was sooo fun!

Anyway, about 5 minutes after school started, a mom dropped off her late girl. Who should it be? Yep, Oliver's mom!

Last Thursday, I walked into puppy school and Gracie was introduced to a new classmate. Her owner is Conor's faith formation teacher and someone I've known for years through St. Patrick's!

Today, on a whim (and a procrastination to get back to our school's book fair that I'm volunteering for), I went to PetSmart to get a pad for Gracie's kennel. Strolling towards me is my good friend Katy and her mammoth, waaay beautiful Sequoia! Too funny. We chat (more than we have in awhile, not counting Sue's b-day) and off they go.

Two minutes later, I run into the coordinator of Lauren's old pre-K school (and her puppy). I haven't seen her since those precious days. So of course we needed to catch up. I was so totally late to the book fair!

Just a few of many oddities I've been experiencing lately. I can't wait to see what happens at Gracie's training class tomorrow night!

0 comments: