Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

I will never forget 9.11.01. I was laying in bed with our beautiful new baby Lauren. My mom was staying with us and she rushed upstairs and told me to turn on the tv. What we witnessed was horrifying.

A plane just crashed into one of the Twin Towers. A few minutes later, as we were watching in disbelief, a second plane slammed into the second tower. A few hours later, the towers fell.

Coverage of the Pentagon and Flight 93 soon followed.

Flames and smoke, people jumping from windows, huge hoses spewing water attempting to make a dent in the destruction, people covered in ash, chaos, confusion, tears, hugs, holding my loved ones tight, fear. These are the things I remember the most.

It's strange, it's only been seven years since this life-altering event took place. As I turn on the tv, radio and even internet news today, some stations are remembering, some are not. It seems this day is no longer as important. It has an official name though, Patriot's Day. Now we're remembering it like we do Pearl Harbor and that attack on our soil. Interesting. Are we really already forgetting?

The people that lost their lives and all the family and friends effected by their deaths, are in my prayers today. So are the firefighters, police officers and average Joes on the ground who helped in any way they could, are in my prayers today. The survivors and local people suffering from health problems, physically and mentally, are in my prayers today. All of us who have changed, our youth who will never know what pre-9.11 was like, are in my prayers today.

Mostly, the terrorists who have such hate for our wonderful, beautiful, unique, FREE country - today and everyday, their evil hearts are in my prayers. I pray for their hearts to change, to allow true love inside so they will understand peace and kindness for people that are different than themselves.

Until that miracle happens (which I truly am praying for and believe we all need to do), I am thankful for our men and women who are protecting our country.

Peace and love be with us all. God Bless America. Amen.

0 comments: