I don't know why I really care, but I guess I need some adult dialogue today (and I guess I'm looking for any kind of diversion because today is my birthday and those who know me well, know how much I love becoming another year older).
So I've been thinking of the latest Oprah comment and at first I thought, why isn't she willing to showcase Palin to her audience of millions. Isn't her main platform all about empowering women? Here we have a woman, who even if she's not the next VP, is doing remarkable things in her home state of Alaska. Like her or not, she is who she is and she's running a state - full of natural resources and the closest to Russia. Her Governor approval rating is off the charts. She also has a large family, full of tugs and pulls and problems like any other. What makes her so special? I'd like to know how she's not a walking zombie.
On the other hand, Oprah has been very vocal who she is supporting in this Presidential campaign. Doesn't she have the right to put into good light who she wants to win and use her show to do so? She's not a news organization. She doesn't need to be fair and balanced. Does she? If she had Palin on her show prior to the election, what message would this be sending to Obama and his supporters? Oprah may also be taking a chance that the news media would put a spin on it and say that her vote is being swayed (which would never happen). Oprah may be wise to hold off.
I'm torn, I see both sides on this. Purely out of curiosity, what do you think? I put up an additional poll for this.
Side note regarding the polls - they're anonymous. I have no idea who is voting or how.
Either way, eventually I think I'd like to see an interview between Oprah and Sarah. Here's what I'd like to know - where the heck does Palin get all her energy? She must be very organized, I need as many tips on that as possible. But mostly, the woman has 5 kids - let's talk about her sex drive! With everything else going on, what's her secret? Oprah has a duty to shed light on this important topic. ha
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Oprah
Posted by Kristi at 9:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Kristi!!!!!!
Gov. P has 5 kids, yes. But her oldest is 19, youngest 5 months. That's quite a spread and quite a break in between babies. That might help with her...ahem....drive ;-) Even public officials have to get it on sometimes.
I'll weigh in my thoughts on the Oprah thing. It's her show. She can have on whomever she wants...or not. She's Oprah.
Have a very good day celebrating another year!!!!
I believe that Oprah had both presidential candidates on her show before the last election, because she did not show public support for either.
This time, since she is publicly supporting a candidate, she feels that it would not be appropriate to have any of the candidates on her show. I think I get that and understand how she came to that decision.
Selfishly, though, I'd love to see that interview so I wish it could happen!!! :)
Thanks for the bday wishes Tisha! Actually, forget Palin, I think Oprah should have you on her show to talk about "talkin'" (-: Someday, you have to share your secrets, any tips are welcome (-:
Post a Comment