Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Alright, I Admit It!

The pressure to start a blog has gotten to me. The coolness to document events in this easy-to-use medium has whittled me down. I really didn't think I would start a blog. But a couple events happened that turned me around:

1. It was so fun for us to check in and see Jack and Nicky on their trip to Disney World. It was like we were right there with them.

2. We're getting ready to go on our family vaca and it occurred to me that others may want to see what Conor and Lauren are up to (especially Abandoned Mike).

3. If I keep up with this blogging gig, it will give my mom something to read when we're away. She needs a break from all the jokes and chain letters.

And like all of you, I seriously want to pass something onto my kids, Conor and Lauren, in the memory department (Mike and I will appreciate it too when the dementia sets in). I'm horrible at organizing pictures, journaling, all that. I'm excellent at hugs, telling them that I love them multiple times during the day (in between the yelling and screaming) and reminding them how special they are to me and why. But the other stuff, the stuff I have to ORGANIZE (see the pattern here) and actually put in some kind of scrapbook or anything other than a box, not so much.

So here I go. I'm starting my blog journey. Whoever wants to come along for the ride is more than welcome. Just know that there will be times that I may write just for me, or for the kids, or Mike. I may post something directed to my side of the family, Mike's family, to one of you or to the school across the street that refuses to turn off the bell that goes off 50 times a day during the summer months. Not quite sure how it will turn out.

Mom, feel free to pass this blog onto your buddies to give them a break from jokes and chain letters (this goes for all of you). Comments are welcome or send an email if you don't want to go public.

And so it begins......

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Welcome to the new blogger! I am excited to follow along. You are right, it'll be great to check in on you when you're in Oregon this summer. Thanks for signing up and I'm looking forward to being a regular reader!

Katy said...

Whoo-hoo! Peer pressure aside, you'll be happy the blog got written.

Unknown said...

Yea for all of us who get to read your blog. I know it will be great and I know the boys will enjoy hearing about C & L's summer fun in Oregon!

Tisha said...

Kristi!
Oh girl, you just moved WAY up on the coolness chart now that you have given into the pressure to blog. I won't even remind you of your statement, not so long ago, about just calling your friends on the phone :) Haha.
You're on my favorites. So glad to 'see' you here.

Kristi said...

Tisha, I know... but in fairness, if it wasn't for Susan and her darn vacation blogs, I still may be stickin' to my guns, ha (-: Either way, here I am! I hope you enjoy! I also pray that your family is on the mend.

Kristi said...

Actually, the above comment is for all three of you girls, not just Tisha (except the mending part, unless your kids are sick too). You really have broken me down. However, I would appreciate an actual heart-to-heart phone call once in awhile - I'm not breakin' down on that one, damn it!

TyWamp said...

Kristi I see you are listening to Xavier Rudd.... I thought I was the only person cool enough to know about him. ;)

admin1 said...

Yeeeehaww!! Welcome to blogger! Howz that for a Bly War hoop!!? (From the Gulf of Alaska Coastline that is..) :-)

I've added your RSS feed into my Google Reader.. So, I'm dialed in!

Hey.... I just noticed that I'm the only guy in here.. I guess I better call in some of the old College buddies for reinforcement? Hey Mike... Get in here and tell us some hunting stories.. heh

I've also changed your contact info in my Gmail account. Dumped the MSN address and replaced it with your new Gmail credentials.

Great move coming to Google btw.. I have also invited you to chat in Google Talk..

So, next time you log into Gmail, or better yet if you've already downloaded the Google Talk client at http://talk.google.com please accept the invite to chat from moi....

Also, another little trick with Google. If you are chatting in the browser version of Gmail you can actually chat with your AOL contacts! If you have anyone who is unfortunately still stuck on that platform.

However, those AOL contacts (even though they are federated with Google Talk) do not appear as chat contacts in the downloaded clients (or the iGoogle Talk gadget)at this time.. For reasons beyond me.

The family and you look great btw.

Looking fwd to the next post already..

Cheers

Johnny

Alexis said...

Kristie - thanks for inviting me - I am well behind you... I have never even been on or participated on a BLOG (didn't know Sus had one either).
I will have to show Delaney and Brett so they can check out your news too. By the way, thanks for
Conor's "teeth" email - I have one word... uuuueeewwww.
Have a great weekend.
Lex.