Many people don't realize or remember that we actually have a cat named Sadie. Mike and I got her when she was a kitten over 10 years ago. She was so darn cute and fun. She loved to play and we even had her trained to chase after a toy down the stairs and bring it back up to us (a fetchin' kitty).
Then, when she was less than a year old, we went to Montana for a week and had the neighbors check on her. When we returned, Sadie was different. We think the two young neighbor boys traumatized her in some way. She never was the same.
When we had our kids, Sadie would just run away. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times that cat let the kids pet her (she would let Mike and I pet her at night though). In fact, once when Conor was about 3, a friend asked what sound a cat makes. He put up his fingers like claws and made a fierce "Hisssss" sound.
Really, the only evidence that Sadie's in the house are the fur balls she leaves everywhere and the treats in the litter box. She's always in stealth mode. Below is a more accurate picture of her, doing what she does best:
When Lauren tested positive for cat allergens at NJ in September, we knew we had to get rid of Sadie. It took until now to find someone interested in our non-cat-cat. But yesterday, a sweet girl came by who doesn't have any kids or other pets and took Sadie to her new home. It's a perfect match!
Sadie's probably thinking, "I've been alive for over 10 years and I'm just now having a happy life - Yay, no kids!!!"
Goodbye Sadie, we'll miss seeing you streaking around the house.


0 comments:
Post a Comment