Exactly one week ago today, my friend Katy invited the kids and I to go skiing with her and her kids at Keystone. The slopes opened last weekend and there was no school on Veterans Day - what better way to spend it?
This was the earliest I've ever been skiing, usually we go after Thanksgiving.
Conor, Lauren and I went up the night before and stayed in her beautiful condo, with her kids Ethan, Alex and Evelyn . All the kids had fun running the halls, writing/hiding some kind of secret notes and just hanging out. It was awesome to visit and just be with my friend too, who'll be moving soon to Germany.
There was only one slope open on the mountain, but the snow was actually pretty good. The single downfall were the zooming crazies that wiped out Katy a couple times and one boarder that slid into Alex. That one slope was a little crowded, but still, damn crazies!
Other than that, it was a fantastic day! Conor and Ethan got to practice their rad jumps off any bump in the snow they could find, Lauren and Alex fine tuned their turns, while Evelyn was safe in ski school (soon to be the one to watch on the slopes)! I'll get more action shots next time, for now, these were pretty much all I could handle (don't laugh, it's early in the season - I don't have my ski/camera coordination down yet):


Thanks again Katy for an awesome night and a great first ski day!!! I'm truly, seriously, honestly going to miss these moments with you when you move!

By the way, today is a much different day than last Tuesday. It's supposed to hit 76 degrees here in the Springs. Unbelievable. I might let the kids run through the sprinkler when they get out of school.
0 comments:
Post a Comment