Amazingly, strangely (whatever), BOTH our kids are obsessed with Star Wars (mucho thanks animated Star Wars The Clone Wars, that came out last summer, for starting this onslaught).
It's the one thing that Conor and Lauren can agree on playing - which I find strange on Lauren's side. Maybe there's a little Princess Leia in her. Whatever it is, there's no avoiding it. We have sound effects, sword fights and pretend ambushes on unwitting bystanders, even on the ski slopes. We were on a lift early in the season and Conor was doing something strange with his hands. I asked what was up and he said he was pretending he had a lightsaber and was fighting all the skiers going down the hill. okaaay...
They can tell us, in order, the Star War movies, all of the character names, the list of good and bad guys and 'siths' (these are the once good Jedi knights that turn into bad Jedi knights, just an fyi), they explain explicit details of each movie (especially the fighting parts), etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

I never really understood the draw. Maybe it has something to do with my first viewing of Star Wars. I'll never forget going to the movie theatre, at age 11, to see the most technically advanced movie of our time! I went with my parents. We sit down. The movie starts. Two minutes in my dad says, "What the hell is this?" He promptly gets up and goes into another movie and we don't see him for 3 hours.
Tainted? Perhaps....
1 comments:
That is too funny! I am dealing with the very same thing in our house! I have no idea WHAT they are talking about Bobo-fet, Jenga-fet... who ARE these people?? I only know Star Wars and the Empire Strikes Back. My knowledge of it ends there. I simply wind up doing a lot of nodding and "really?"-ing.
Post a Comment